Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What Kimdale is like for us so far

*note: this post was originally supposed to be posted on the 15th, but things came up and we finally posted it today, so this is all taking place last week.

Okay, we will each post a few sentences about school so far:

Kirsten: My first day of school was great! My homeroom teacher is really nice, and it's history so I'm very good at it! At lunch (lunch is at 12:30, so that means we've already done 3 period) I sat with my "sisters" and then back in class, we took a small pop quiz. I got every answer right. It was great! Math is second period, and I hate Math, so not much to say 'bout that. Science next, which is fun but not my favorite, then English which is also fun, then Gym and Theatre Arts, my elective. I then go back to my homeroom where we work on all our homework for the remainder of the day. Overall, school's good so far!

Nellie: The first day of school was AWFUL! I can't tell you why now, so I will in a different post. Something came back to haunt me.....

Nicki: School's good. All of my teachers are nice. I love all the subjects. Pet Training Club is great. Sorry, I'm just very tired right now so I'm not really giving you any details. My schedule is practically the same as Kirsten's, except I have Science first. *yawns, coughs* Ugh, I'm sick, so I'm going to go lie down. xP Sorry!

Ruthie: I LOVE school! My new best friend, Kit, who is also my roommate, and I are in the same classes! But I sit with my "sisters" at lunch, so yeah. But, anyway, Kit and I do homework together and all sorts of stuff! She really is a great friend! Her and I are watching the Kit Kitteridge movie right now, so I'll talk to y'all later. Bye!

Mia: I'm in the figure skating class!!!!! Well, for fourth period, but I'm still in it! I love it! It's so fun! I just feel like I'm flying as I glide on the silvery ice! Yes, sorry that's poetic, but it's true! I'm the best in my class.... well, that's what Coach Frank says. But it's so fun! We didn't do any of the "instruction" junk, which I hate, we just immediately started skating! I'm so excited! The first performance will be in December, but we're already practicing! It's going to be a Christmas performance-type-deal, so I'm looking forward to it. The other classes are fine, same ol' same ol'. Bye!

Sam: School's perfect. Miss Frouchy is nice, unlike the Miss Frouchy we all know! Nellie isn't really talking to us though. She seems a little upset about something. She just sits on her window seat in her dorm staring out the window with a sad look on her face. I've tried talking to her but she just sighs and says, "I don't want to talk right now." I'm worried sick!

Molly: Miss Lamb is GREAT! I LOVE HER CLASS! IT'S IRISH LITERATURE! Sorry for all caps, but Irish literature is soo fun! We just study Irish legends and stories and write our own! Right now we're studying W.B. Yeats, who is one of Pioneer's favorite poets of all time. We have to memorize a poem written by him and then recite it aloud to the class in a week, and so far I've got it almost all memorized! ;) I'll let Beckie write now. Love ya!

Beckie: *sigh* Well, school's good. Yesterday was the first day of Rosh Hashana, so I'm really excited since the new year is starting! My "sisters" celebrated it with me. I am glad to start a new year. I feel fresh and new, but I'm still VERY worried about the new dolls, especially since I have no idea whatsoever about the 2 new ones coming next! Agh, Pioneer makes me so frustrated! Well, I gotta go now. Sorry this post wasn't about the first day of school. Shalom.

Soooo..... that was all of our first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment