Friday, June 19, 2009

Kimdale Arrival

We are here! 3 hours of driving! Well, here's what happened:

We all got into the car at 9, and drove for 3 hours. We stopped at 11:30 to get some food, because Sam ate all the food I packed last night by accident. Then, we arrived at Kimdale.

We saw humongous black gates guarding the entrance. There were golden angel statues on each side of the gate, and 2 policemen were sitting in front of the gate. We checked in, and they said something into their walkie-talkies, and then pressed some buttons and opened up the gate. We drove through it, and the gates quickly shut behind us. There was a twisty road ahead of us, and trees and bushes were on both sides of the road. It was like driving through an enchanted forest.

We drove down the long, long, lone, twisty road for a while. Then, we came to a enormous building that was so big it looked like the Queen of England's palace! It had millions of windows, and huge doors in the front, and balconies on each of the 4 stories. There were marble steps leading up to the door, and a little pond at the side with lily pads in it. There were also trees, but not many. There was a huge green field surrounding the building. Bushes were on both sides of the school, also. Engraved in gold on the door was Kimdale School for Young Ladies. It was so magnificent and beautiful, it took our breaths away.

We knocked on the door, and immediately someone answered. It was a nice looking young woman in a very nice skirt and jacket set. She had her hair pulled back in a bun, a dark beauty mark, pink lips, long eyelashes, and black eyes. She had on heels that click-clacked every time she walked.

"Hello, there, young ladies!" She smiled warmly at us. "You must be the new American Girl dolls we were expecting today! Kirsten, Nellie, Nicki, Ruthie, Mia, Samantha, Molly, Rebecca, and a Mini Julie?"

"Yes, ma'am, that's us," Samantha replied.

"Marvelous! Now, I am Ms. Perkinson, headmistress of this boarding school. I am so delighted to meet you all finally! Come in, come in, and let me show you your rooms. Oh, and Mini Julie can follow Miss Hatchcock, my best friend. Miss Hatchcock will take Mini Julie to the other building on campus for the mini dolls. Now, come along!" Ms. Perkinson said in her crisp, cheery voice. We all hugged and kissed M.J., and then followed Ms. P.

"Now, your rooms are on the 4th floor, the highest and most exciting. I hope you like your roommates! They are all very nice girls. Oh, and tomorrow will be your tour of the school, so set your alarms to 7 in the morning, and meet me in the auditorium by 8. The auditorium isn't hard to miss, it's on the ground floor, I'm sure you'll see me there. I'll be on my laptop, and the only other person in there at that time besides the custodian," Ms. P. told us.

Ms. P. led us to room #12 first. She knocked on the door, and opened it. She told Kirsten that #12 was her room, and we all said goodbye to Kirsten. Then, Ms. P. told us to follow her to the next room, #13, and told Nellie that was her room. #14, Nicki. #15, Ruthie. #16, Mia. #17, Sam. #18, Molly, and #22, mine.

Ms. P. knocked on #22, turned the knob, and opened the door. There, standing with her back to us, was Elizabeth Cole, except she was dressed in her Tea Lesson dress. She turned around, and flashed a sparkling white, toothy smile at Ms. P.

"Good evening, Ms. Perkinson. How are you today?" Elizabeth said. Ms. P. smiled and introduced me, and then left me.

"Hi, Rebecca! It's very nice to meet you! What a joy it is to have you be my roommate!" Elizabeth smiled at me.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you too! Umm, are you here with any other doll 'sisters', or just by yourself?" I asked her.

"Why, yes. I am with Molly McIntire, Jess McConnell, Felicity Merriman, Marisol Luna, and that's it," Elizabeth replied.

"Oh, I'm with Kirsten Larson, Nellie O'Malley, Nicki Fleming, Ruthie Smithens, Mia St. Clair, Samantha Parkington, Molly McIntire, Mini Julie Albright who is at the other building for Mini Dolls, and soon to be Iseult McCormick, who is JLY #30, and Murron Chisolm, who is JLY #23," I explained to her.

"Wow, you're so lucky to have so many sisters!" Elizabeth exclaimed. I smiled, and then set down my very heavy suitcase on the empty bed by the window. I started to unpack my bag when I noticed Elizabeth was hovering over me.

"Umm, Elizabeth--" I began, but she stopped me.

"Call me Lizzie! Oh, don't worry, I'll stop now."

"Oh, thank you,"

I unpacked all my things and then put them in my closet. Then, Lizzie sat down on her bed and asked me if I liked the school so far.

"Yes, I do so far. How long have you been here?" I replied.

"About, hmmm... let's see.... 2 years, going on 3 in September," Lizzie told me.

"Wow, that's a long time. Do you like it here?" I asked her.

Lizzie shrugged. I took that as a sign she didn't want to talk about it, so I turned on the TV that was on our wall, and watched the Felicity AG movie. When it was over, I went on the computer and went to my blog. So, that was our very first day at Kimdale.

Shalom!

Rebecca

2 comments: