Thursday, June 4, 2009

The New Dolls

It is Sam. I am ANGRY! So, I will write in red, to express my mood. Here is what Pioneer's mom brought back from AG B&B Atlanta: 
-Rebecca doll, book, and accessories. 
-Molly doll, book, and accessories. 
-Rebecca's Movie dress. 
-Kirsten's summer dress. 
-AG B&B Atlanta girls' tee shirt.  
-Matching doll AG B&B tee. 
-Rebecca's school set. 
-AG pink and orange tote for dolls. 

But, let me tell you about when I met the new dolls: 

I was sitting, doing work at Pioneer's desk, when Pioneer comes bursting in with her baby sister, sets the dolls up (Pioneer doesn't know that we dolls can talk and walk and think and eat), and runs out to spend time with her mommy and sister. Then, we met Molly and Rebecca. 

Nellie, Nicki, Ruthie, Mia, Kirsten, and I lined up to meet the dolls. Rebecca was dressed in black tights, a wool dress/coat with velvet sleeves, a velvet hat, and a shawl, like it was freezing outside! But, Molly was wearing a felt skirt, socks, Mary-Jane shoes, a blouse, and a wool sweater. Anyway, here's how it went. 

Molly introduced herself first. "Hi, my name is Molly McIntire, and my father is in Europe taking care of wounded soldiers during the war, I am 9 years old, I have a little brother named Brad, an older brother named Ricky, an older sister named Jill, and my mom. My mom is a red cross nurse, and my best friends are Linda and Susan. I miss my dad a whole lot, and hope he comes home soon, but we have to make the best out of these times," Molly said. We all clapped,  and I hugged her and told her to sit by me. Then, lame-o Rebecca introduced herself. Ugh. 

"Hi, my name is Rebecca Rubin, and my father is a shoemaker, I am 9 years old, I have a little brother named Benny, two older sisters, who are twins, named Sophie and Sadie, and I ahve an older brother named Victor, who is about to have his Bar Mitzvah. I also have a cousin named Ana, her two brothers named Michael and Josef, but Josef is still on Ellis Island with an injured leg. Then there's my mom, Bubbie, or grandmother, Grandpa, Aunt Fannie, and Uncle Jacob. They all came here directly from Russia recently. I'm Jewish, and my parents and grandparents immigrated from Russia before I was born. These days, workers at the factories are going on strikes, but they haven't yet gotten what they need yet," Rebecca told us. Everyone clapped except for me, and then we all sat in a circle and told Molly and Rebecca about us. 

"I'm Irish, my real parents are dead, but then Samantha, who was already adopted by her Uncle, came and met us with her Aunt and Uncle, and helped us escape the cruel orphanage, and then we were adopted by Samantha's Uncle and Aunt too, so we're sisters now, and I have two younger sisters, Bridget and Jenny, and Sam and I are BFF dolls," Nellie said. 

"I come from Sweden, and I live on a farm with my uncle, aunt, and cousins. I have an older brother named Lars, and a younger brother named named Peter, and a baby sister named Britta. My cousins' names are Lisbeth, the oldest, who is 13, and Anna, the youngest, but not really young, about 8. Then there is Papa and Mama," Kirsten said. 

"I was girl of the year 2007, and I have a younger brother, my dad, and my mom, who is pregnant with twins. I volunteered for my mom to train a puppy named Sprocket to be a dog who helps people. I live in Colorado on a farm, and I love to ride my horse named Jackson, and my best friend is Becca," said Nicki. 

"I was girl of the year 2008, and I love to skate. There's my mom, dad, and three older brothers. My brothers play hockey, while I figure skate. I love, love skating, and that's about it," said Mia. 

"I am growing up during the Great Depression. There's me, Mom, and Dad, and my dad is a banker, so we aren't, fortunately, poor like others. I am the BFF doll to Kit Kittredge," said Ruthie. 

"Ummmmmmmm......" I began. "I'm Samantha Parkington, but I like to be called Sam. I live with Nellie, her sisters, my uncle and my aunt. I used to live with my grandmother, but then my uncle and aunt adopted me, Nellie, Bridget, and Jenny. Nellie's my BFF. I used to be one of the most popular dolls at AG, but then I was retired and replaced by Rebecca, and so they kicked me out basically to make Rebecca. So, that's me." 

I glared at Rebecca the whole time. I was so angry at her. But, Rebecca looked away, like she didn't see, but I could tell she was scared. And she should be, because I'm going to get her with my revenge. She is annoying, too. She came up to me after we were done with meeting each other, and she said: 

"Hi, Samantha! I'm glad to meet you! We can talk about a lot of stuff, since we're both from the early 1900s. Isn't that cool?" Rebecca said. Then she tried to hug me, but I backed away. 

"Ummmm, Rebecca, please call me Sam, okay? And, no, it's not cool, because you're ten years ahead of me, so you have more things in your time. So, let's just ignore each other, okay?" I snapped at her. Rebecca's lower lip trembled, and her eyes sparkled, but she just turned her back and walked to go talk to Nellie. I ran to Molly, who was talking to Ruthie, and pulled her away from Ruthie. I started talking to her and saying how we should have a sleepover tomorrow (today) since Thursday was Pioneer's last day of school, and I hugged her and said I love her like a sister and made plans with her and read her book, and gave her book 5 stars. Molly looked kind of nervous, but I'm sure she was just shy. She kept glancing back at all the other dolls though, like she wanted to go hangout with them. They were all huddled around Rebecca, and Rebecca was sniffling and gasping and letting out quiet sobs, and Nellie and the others were whispering to her and rubbing her back, and sneaking glances at me. I held my head high, though, but a teeny tiny corner of my heart was aching, and a tiny bit of me was feeling a little bad, but I shook it off and read books and stuff. 


I wonder is Rebecca or Molly will write on here? 


Samantha   

No comments:

Post a Comment